UQ/Ipswich Hospital Clinical School
Why choose Ipswich as your Clinical School?
The Ipswich Hospital is the major hospital within the West Moreton South Burnett Health Service District. Its close proximity to the UQ Ipswich Campus allows easy access to the University’s facilities. The UQ/Ipswich Hospital Clilnical School is the ideal placement for those students living in the Western Corridor and Lockyer Valley.
QTAC Codes for the UQ/Ipswich Clinical School
- 728002 Bachelor of Nursing
- 728102 Bachelor of Midwifery
- 728202 Bachelor of Nursing and Midwifery Dual Degree
The benefits of UQ/Ipswich hospital Clinical School include:
- Students can experience acute medical and surgical units as well as rehabilitation, palliative care and paediatrics
- Placements available in the Day Procedure Unit, X-ray and Community health, focussing on chronic disease management
- Mental health placement that includes the Acute Mental Health Service, Child and Youth Mental Health Service, Aged Care, Consultation Liaison and Community Mental Health
- As part of the West Moreton South Burnett Health Service District, students are able to access placements in small rural hospitals
- Close to accommodation at the Unilink which is a short distance from the Hospital
- Ipswich Hospital is one of the original primary partnership hospitals in the Bachelor of Midwifery program
- The Maternity Unit consists of a Birthing Suite, a Special Care Nursery, a Maternity Ward and an Antenatal Clinic
- The Birthing Suite delivers approximately 2200 babies per year
- The Special Care Nursery is a growing specialty unit which provides care for babies requiring medium level care as well as back transfers from other tertiary units
- The Maternity Ward provides a wide range of services for women and families including a home based midwifery care service where women are assisted to adjust to new motherhood post birth in their homes
- All students are given opportunities to practice and learn within these areas during midwifery placement clinical experiences
Students based at the UQ Ipswich clinical school will attend lecutres on campus at UQ.
Where is Ipswich Hospital? View Google Map